- Visitor address for management and forestry: Nieuwe Meerlaan 3, 1182 DB Amstelveen.
- Recreational facilities, management and maintenance: Amsterdam Forest Management, phone no. +31 (0) 20 545 61 50.
- Supervision and accidents: Amsterdamse Bos forestry, phone no. +31 (0) 20 545 61 40.
- Visitors’ Centre 'De Boswinkel' and exhibitions: Bosbaanweg 5, 1182 AG, Amstelveen; phone no. +31 (0) 20-545 61 00.
You can also visit the website: www.amsterdam.info/parks/amsterdamse-bos.
Like us on Facebook!
The Amsterdamse Bos attracts millions of visitors every year. As long as everyone is respectful to nature and other people, the Bos has plenty of space for everyone. However, as a visitor to the Amsterdamse Bos you are asked to follow certain rules. Our foresters ensure that these rules are upheld. For your convenience, we have listed them below:
- Events with more than 30 people must be reported in advance.
- Waste must be deposited into the bins.
- Dog owners must obey the signs with off-leash and on-leash regulations.
- Open fires, including charcoal fires, are prohibited. A charcoal barbecue is allowed, provided that it is not in direct contact with trees or bushes (at least five meters distance) and placed on a stand higher than 50 cm to avoid damage to the grass.
- Do not feed the Scottish Highlanders.
- Cars are not allowed, except on the main roads.
- Camping outside of the campground is forbidden.
- Nudism is not allowed.