From April to October two ferries take you across the Nieuwe Meer.
Veerpont (ferry) Nieuwe Meer
This ferry runs between the northern shores of the Nieuwe Meer (at Paviljoen Aquarius) and the Meerkade in the Amsterdamse Bos.
The ferry runs from the end of April to mid-October.
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 12.00 am to 18.00 pm
- Veerpont (ferry) Nieuwe Meer runs approximately every 15 minutes
- Adults € 1,50
- Children 4 to 11 years € 0,50
- Bikes and strollers € 0,50
- Cargo bikes € 2,50
- Pets and children under the age of 4: free
- Return ticket (excl. bike) € 2,50
- Family return ticket € 12,00 (2x adult, 3 children)
This ferry is run by: rederij-amsterdamsebos.nl.
Bike and foot ferry 'Ome Piet'
From Amsterdamse Bos to Badhoevedorp-Nieuwemeerdijk
This ferry was initiated by neighborhood association Nieuwe Meer. The ferry is named after the last ferry operator Pieter Eilander (1906-1993), "Ome Piet". Together with the Veerpont Nieuwe Meer and ferry 'Ome Piet' you can go round the Nieuwe Meer. Or travel fast and safely from and to Badhoevedorp and/or Schiphol, on foot or by bike.
The ferry runs from mid-April to mid-October.
- Saturdays from 12.00 am to 6.00 pm
- Sun- and holidays from 11.00 am to 7 pm
- Single trip adults and children older than 5 years: € 0,50 incl. bike
- Children under the age of 5 years under supervision and strollers: free
For more information, check the website of veerpontje 'Ome Piet'.
- Telephone: 06-24529486
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org